Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rebecca Black: Donating "Friday" Proceeds to Japan Relief

Rebecca Black's smash-single "Friday" has gone mega-viral on YouTube, and now the Internet sensation is giving her proceeds to help relief efforts in Japan.

The YouTube video, first posted on February 10th, has already amassed close to 40 million hits and created an undeniable buzz - despite critics having less than stellar remarks regarding her talent.

Now, the 13-year-old is taking her earnings from the "Friday" hit and putting the cash to good use.

When asked about the money she's made so far, Rebecca told Us magazine, "I am donating money to my school and Japan. My school, El Rancho Charter is really where I started focusing on singing. I feel bad. Japan happened so close to mine, and I feel like I?m taking away attention from it. I really just want to give back."

Asia Argento Jennifer Scholle Summer Altice Rose McGowan Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment