Friday, March 25, 2011

George Lopez Apologizes to Kirstie Alley for Pig Comment

George Lopez Apologizes to Kirstie Alley for Pig Comment

George Lopez and Kirstie Alley

Filmmagic; ABC

When it comes to George Lopez calling Kirstie Alley a pig, it sounds like the actress has the last laugh.

On Wednesday's Lopez Tonight the talk show host poked fun at Alley, saying she "did a nice job, her little hooves tapping away" on Dancing with the Stars. Lopez later apologized ? but Alley was not so quick to forgive and forget.

First, Lopez Tweeted saying, "I misjudged the joke. No malice was intended and I apologize to Kirstie."

But Alley, 60, did some Tweeting of her own: "@GeorgeLopez I don't need or want ur apology," she wrote. "I want your kidney dude..on behalf of ur X and all the women uv insulted...give it back." (Lopez's wife, Ann, famously donated a kidney to her husband. The couple split five years later.)

But Lopez, 49, didn't give up on the peace offering with Alley.

"I wish that she had [accepted the apology] and that she would be guest on Lopez Tonight, the comedian told Access Hollywood on Friday. "I would love to have her on. She has a lot of fans and when you make a joke of that type, um, it never goes over well."

Recognizing his own weight struggle, Lopez joked, "I blame my Spanx for cutting off my circulation to my brain, and that's all I?ll say about that."

Although Alley has not commented on whether or not she will accept Lopez's invitation to appear on his show, the DWTS contestant did finally accept his apology.

"Take life as lightly as u can and then move on," she Tweeted Friday. "Even u George ....u are forgiven.....:)...."

'); var targetVideoWidth = 466; brightcove.createExperiences(); /* iPhone, iPad, iPod */ if ((navigator.userAgent.match('iPhone')) || (navigator.userAgent.match('iPad')) || (navigator.userAgent.match('iPod')) || (location.search.indexOf('ipad=true') > -1)) { document.write('

Lisa Snowdon Melissa Sagemiller Maggie Grace Majandra Delfino Michelle Rodriguez

No comments:

Post a Comment